...You make up your own recipe, of course!
These muffins were created by complete accident but are better than what I originally wanted to make. The yogurt makes them super moist and the fresh berries make them perfect for a spring treat!
Berry Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk (none of that water they pass off for milk, non-fat. The richer the better, whole or 2%)
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt with fruit in bottom (I used cherry but any of your favorites will taste just as good)
- 1 cup chopped berries (I used Strawberries but other seasonal berries will work too)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12 muffin pan.
- Add all dry ingredients to mixer and stir together.
- Mix wet ingredients (except strawberries) in a separate bowl. Once completely mixed slowly pour into dry ingredients. Stir until completely combined.
- Fold in berries
- Fill muffin tin about 2/3 full. Then sprinkle each lightly with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- When removed from oven, place muffins directly on a cooling rack.
Be creative and try different berry combinations. What is your favorite berry?
original recipe from Gooseberry Patch, Simple Country Pleasures.