- lots of tomatoes, quartered (large ones, no cherries)
- onion, chunked
- garlic, smashed
- Extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- fresh herbs, chopped (basil, etc.)
- salt and pepper
- pre heat oven to 450 degrees.
- spread the tomatoes on baking sheets with a lip to them.
- disperce the onion, garlic and herbs over the tomato wedges.
- drizzle evoo over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- let it roast in the oven for 10 to 15 mins.
- once removed from oven use tongs and a fork to remove tomato skins.
- then slide contents into a bowl.
- blend using a emulsion (hand-held) blender until mixed well but small chuncks still remain.
- measure out two cups worth and pour into freezer bags for flat freezing or into freezer tupperware containers.
From this point you have the start of spaghetti and tomato soup.
Spaghetti is really easy defrost the bag by running under warm water and then pour it into a pan to heat up. Add a can of tomato sauce, more garlic if desired, a packet of Italian herb seasoning and browned hamburger meat or sausage. Let boil and thicken to taste.
For tomato soup all that you do is add a can of tomato soup and some more herbs if you want. Then let it thicken. If you want some cheesiness to it add half or part of a can of cheddar cheese soup.